Chappy Week — May 19-26th
Chappy Week is an annual event run by SU QLD to raise awareness of the value of school chaplains... and to raise funds to support school chaplains.
SU QLD is officially endorsed by Education Queensland as an accredited employing authority for school chaplains.
Here are some events being run in schools across Queensland in and around Chappy Week:
- Breakfast Launches
- Day of Honour
- Chappy Challenges
- Ks 4 Kids Walkathon
- Chappy Breakfasts & Fundraising Dinners
- Chappy Week at McDonald’s
- Chappy-cinos at The Coffee Club
Get in touch with your local chaplain for more details!
Who are chappies?
SU QLD Chaplains provide spiritual, physical and emotional support to school communities. They are in the prevention and support business: helping students find a better way to deal with issues ranging from family breakdown and loneliness to drug abuse, stress and anxiety. They provide a listening ear and a caring presence for kids in crisis and those who just need a friend. They also provide support for staff and parents in school communities.
- Almost 60% of Queensland state schools have a chappy...
- SU QLD has placed chappies in 54% of all Queensland state primary schools and in 85% of all Queensland state high schools.
- Right now, our chappies are serving over 373,000 Queensland students