At SU QLD, we are deeply committed to researching, developing and role-modelling effective approaches to Bible engagement for children and young people. Effective Bible engagement principles are integral to the training of our workers/volunteers, the shaping of our programs, and the development of our resources.
SU QLD has spent a great deal of time in recent years researching and developing Bible engagement principles for a new generation of children and young people. Our models, methods and materials are designed to promote Bible reading that is communal, reflective, interactive, inspirational, creative and transformational.
- Spiritual Input – SU QLD Camping. We continue to develop one of the country’s most innovative and exciting holiday camping programs for children and young people. Effective Bible engagement strategies are a key part of this program. We are currently developing adaptable and exciting Spiritual Input programs for a new generation of tech-savvy, globally connected and 'quick fix' young people.
- School Based Programs. Seperate to our school chaplaincy program, we have developed effective programs for young Christians. New initiatives include ‘The Ripple Effect' for secondary-aged children, and ‘The Daniel Challenge’.
- Bible Engagement Resources. SU QLD has an extensive range of Bible engagement resources for individuals, small groups and churches.
- Exciting New Programs. We are committed to pursuing new and innovative projects that encourage individuals, groups and churches to engage with the Bible. Current examples include:
- Mark My Words — A competition for creative young people to visually express a passage from the book of Mark.
- The E100 Challenge – A 100 day Bible reading challenges for Churches, presented in partnership with the Bible Society.
Mark My Words is an annual competition whereby budding young artists engage with a passage from Mark and create a piece of art that expresses that narrative.
Simply put, E100 is a Bible Reading Challenge that gets people reading the Bible they already own. It dares people to pick up their Bible, re-engage the scriptures and allow God to do something powerful through His Word...