Posted in Uncategorized
Your support, whether through prayer, financial contributions or volunteering, has accomplished a lot in 2014. Here’s a look at 2014 in review, and the incredible growth that’s been achieved, thanks to your support.
- 618* chaplains worked across 850* Queensland schools
- 422,288* students had access to a chaplain in 2014
*As at 29th October, 2014
Camping & Community Outreach
- There were 104 events in 2014, including:
- 79 camps, attended by 4,250 students
- 9 community outreaches
- 16 KidsGames venues
- 1,436 volunteers and chaplains attended the 104 events
- There were 22 at-risk programs in 2014 — including Connect and Limitless — supporting 204 students.
- The A2B program – an 8-week resource pack for chappies to run in their schools – was introduced in more than 60 schools in 2014, supporting at least 720 students.
- There were more than 125 enrolments in our Certificate IV in Youth Work and Diploma of Youth Work qualifications.
- We launched our first camp for Indigenous youth, with 26 campers and 6 leaders.
- 5 Indigenous students studied a Certificate IV in Youth Work with SU QLD Training this year – the highest number we’ve ever had!
- This year, SU QLD employed 8 Indigenous chaplains, 1 Indigenous chaplaincy District Coordinator, and 1 Indigenous Development Officer.
- Created a Bible engagement framework, used across all camps.
- Worked in partnership with the Queensland Bible Society to create a phone ‘app’ called Qbla, which allows young people to chat with other people their age about the Bible.
Your generous, ongoing support means thousands of lives have been impacted in 2014. We look forward to journeying with you in 2015 and helping even more of Queensland’s young people!